Paladins: Jenos

Jenos was a new champion to me: he wasn't around when I played Paladins years ago. Initially I hesitated to select him because he lacks burst healing regardless of choice of talent (unlike Grohk with Spirit Domain's talent, Seris with Mortal Reach talent, and Ying with Life Exchange talent) and his escape mechanism appears lacklustre (65% movement speed).

However, I can't remember why I tried him anyway 😆 It's still true that he has no burst healing and to compensate for that, I need to quickly top off any missing hp and also to anticipate who will receive huge damage soon. Tricky. As for ways to escape, I try to make use of the environment (terrain, building) to take advantage of Stellar Wind's extra movement speed to shake off enemies. Even better if I first use Void Grip before moving away.

Interestingly, despite his lack of burst healing, he remains a popular pick (together with Corvus) in tournament and apparently also a popular ban choice (again, together with Corvus) in ranked mode.

I've tried a few builds and finally settle on a pretty much standard loadout:

(refer to this gamepedia on Jenos's abilities, talents and cards)

Heavenly Pull - 1

Relativity - 1

Astral Cycle - 3

Retrograde - 5

Lightyears - 5


Here are some gameplays:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant