Journey with sinus (Part 2)

(continue from Part 1)

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the results a mere three days later.

Total IgE shows the total antibodies that my body produced to fight allergens and its level was pretty significant. However, only a small portion of it was attributed to chicken (wth!).

Responding to my queries, Dr Sia said that there's no need for me to avoid or even cut down on intake of chicken. At most, maybe I avoid it when the symptoms are bad.

Based on these results and by process of elimination, the next probable trigger of this vasomotor rhinitis is the sudden change in extreme temperatures, something that's difficult to control. I've already been doing what he suggested i.e. aircon temperature not set too cold, take warm shower. Treatment of the symptoms remain the same: antihistamine and, if bad, steroidal nasal spray continuously for a period of time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, that was fast. Negative for most everything, hence it could be environmental -- harder to control. If you had food triggers, at least you can change your diet. A recent article said, "Nasal steroids are more effective than antihistamines for most nasal allergies, and the combination of the two is highly effective. Nasal steroids take at least a week to reach full effectiveness." I used to have bad nasal allergies, and had to take Flonase daily for some time. As my body adjusted to the environment, I only take Flonase as needed. SR

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant