MCO food: Part 9

 

Normally, for ABC soup, I'll make tbe broth the night before and cook the soup in the afternoon. It'll be heated up shortly before dinner. Ban doesn't like piping hot soup.

I'll cook some lightly marinated chicken pieces in it, if I don't cook a separate meat dish. This time, I tried prawns instead. However, I made the mistake of cooking the prawn in it in the afternoon: by the time I reheated it before dinner, the prawns were a little too dry 😞 I should had cooked them during the reheating process.

 

I made the broth the lazy way on the day of cooking the soup itself: fish sauce, salt and sliced onion. Then later I added the enoki mushroom, tofu and finally the prawns. Later, I realised that I should had peeled the prawn and used its shell and heads to make the broth. Nevertheless, this was surprisingly delicious.

 

One of my favourites: samon don with egg (there were strips of seaweed underneath) and a bowl of coral lettuce with cashew nuts and sauce made up of soy sauce plus honey. Easy to prepare. Took a total time of about 30 minutes. It was relatively expensive though because of the Norwegian fjord trout fillet but certainly much cheaper than having it at a restaurant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant