MCO food: Three dishes

I had planned to cook a dish of HK spinach and a dish of five spice chicken with onion, garlic and ginger. Marinated the chicken the night before with a little soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oil and cornflour.

However, on the day of cooking, I realised that there was too much onion and, apparently, it's not advisable to keep chopped onion. At the same time, I was a little concerned that the chicken may not be enough for both Ban and I. Hence, probably for the first time ever, I cooked a third dish: egg with onion. In the end, it turned out that the chicken was enough and so we had some leftover haha.

All were yummy! Hehehe

Comments

Anonymous said…
You did not mention 5 spice in your marinade -- nonetheless, it sounded delicious. When I start cooking again, I will try to cook this dish. I'm impressed that you actually did home-cooking. The COVID had brought out some talents in individuals. More and more people are doing home-cooking, and experimenting with recipes. SR
Jaded Jeremy said…
SR,
The five spice (only a pinch or two) was added during cooking i.e. none in the marinade. Otherwise, it would be too strong for Ban.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant