Digestive enzymes

In the last 10 years or so, I rarely needed to take omeprazole to treat acid reflux. The last episode was few months ago:

I had this persistent throat irritation or sorethroat that didn't seem to go away i.e. it went away for a day or two and it was back again for a few days. My then GP didn't seem to be convinced that it might be due to acid reflux. After tolerating it for a while longer, I decided to take omeprazole (something I had done in the past). It worked!

The information sheet recommended that, for my condition, I should take it for 4 weeks. When I tried buying it at the nearby pharmacy for the third time, they asked me the reason for it. They then recommended this:


The theory is that the lack of digestive enzymes causes indigestion that then, among other things, causes acid reflux. The recommendation is one sachet, mixed with water, taken together with a meal. I chose dinner because I usually felt the effect of the acid after dinner.

It was effective. After a month on it (30 sachet in a box), I am now taking it 4 times a week. So far, so good: no more acid reflux and rarely had stomach discomfort.

Comments

William said…
Glad you found something that works!

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant