Crusader Kings 2: Bohemia campaign - Gobble, Third Crusade, Third Udine

My vassal King of Galicia-Volhynia declared war on another vassal, King of Novgorod, for his claim on the latter's kingdom. He succeeded and now he had the largest realm among my vassals.

It latter split into two because of differing succession law. Novgorod's ruler was overthrown by a faction but the Galcian-Volhynia's king pressed his claim and reunited the two kingdoms again. Gosh, I have to make sure he's happy with me!

Third crusade called by the Pope. I had participated in every crusade and made no exception to this. I didn't really want Egypt and so was just trying my best to land my brother, who was a title claimant to my empire. When we were clearly winning, I had to take a little break to beat off a pagan ruler 

(Pruthenia) who declared war on me. As a side note, just a few years later, he turned Catholic and with monetary gift, I vassalised him. Phew! 

Anyway, when I was about to return to the war on Egypt, the tide had turned: we had significant negative war score. Changed my mind and sat around at first and then the tide began to change again. In I went again haha. Managed to win that (damn Pope waited more than 1 minute of real time to press the victory button; I was damn scared of the 17k stack south of us) and Pope granted it to my beneficiary, who was my brother. Nice.

 

I needed just one county to create Kingdom of Carinthia. My vassal duke had a ducal claim on the county Udine. The problem was that this county belonged to Germany, who walloped me the first two times I tried. Bear in mind that in both times, I declared war on the ruler only when he was in an existing war. I was quite optimistic on the second attempt: he was falling behind in his other war and yet he got a huge force to come to beat me up. Just before I surrendered, he had negative 60%+ war score in the other war. Grrr.

This time, he attacked England for a barony. Unlike the previous two times, I raised all levies and went all out. One army went towards where the war on England was and together with the English king, we beat off an army and captured a couple of counties.

I then looked up where the German king was: in England! So that was one significant difference compared to previous times: his main army was across the sea. I then sieged his capital with an army, and my second army concentrated on capturing Udine.

Later, it appeared that Germany tried to go towards Udine. I then hurrily moved both my armies towards that county. However, at 93% warscore, he surrendered. Yay!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant