New games that didn't click

 Recently, I decided to try those games in my Steam library that I've never played before. These are:

(1) Crusader Kings 3

I like Crusader Kings 2 a lot and so I was looking forward to dwelve into this one. Unfortunately, I got frustrated with the lack of succession laws that would prevent my realm (built with sweat and blood) from splitting. Some players defended this feature, saying that it's a (more) accurate reflection of that period (1100 A.D., I think) and so it's more realistic. However, to me, there is a reason why many games do not go wholly realistic: it isn't fun. It certainly isn't the case for me and so unfortunately, after restarting a couple times, I gave up.

(2) BioShock Remastered

I quite like the game mechanic and the story thus far but I just couldn't stand how dark and scary it is. I simply couldn't play for long and soon after, I stopped playing altogether.

(3) Darkest Dungeon

I played this before and stopped because of a huge mistake I made. No rollback. I later decided to start anew but stopped again because I realise how tedious it's becoming. I couldn't just focus on the most important and fun part of the game i.e. the encounters in the dungeons. I also had to also manage the estate which, frankly, it's a huge distraction and time-wasting.

(4) Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgottten

I love the humour, the storyline and the combat mechanic. Maybe I'm just not good at it (although I finished playing Defense Grid and Defense Grid 2): I got stuck at a particular map for a long time. I went back to get higher rewards at previous maps and leveled up too but that didn't help me in this map. 

Previously, I was also stuck once or twice, where I then looked up guide for help. I tried to understand why their tactic worked but failed. So at this point, it felt like I was merely grinding my level up just overcome this map and I don't like grinding that much.


I am currently replaying Dungeon Siege 3. I noticed that I had played 7 hours of it but couldn't remember why I stopped. I also remembered playing with Ban.

Once I started playing it, I remembered why: the camera took getting used to and the movement controls were quite awkward compared to the controls of most games today. The latter, however, was made easier with some changes to keybinding.

The other reason why we stopped was because we were stomped on by Palefang i.e. a giant white spider, a boss fight for a side quest that's obtained quite early in the game. I was still stomped on from level 5 to 8. I later researched and discovered that players also found it hard and they simply did other things to level up before attempting it again. I finally beat it at level 9, after finishing two other quests.

Hopefully I'll finish this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant