Australia: Going down the university memory avenue Part 4

Bad bird

Magpie. The bad bird. During early part of spring, countless of people have been and, I bet, will be attacked by these birds, especially those wearing caps. In more serious cases, people lose their eyes. Toddlers are not spared either. And the dumbest thing is that since magpies are protected species, it's illegal to hurt them. Sheesh.

I theorise that they attack people wearing caps because they look like huge birds with beaks and the magpies are trying to protect their young chicks.

ANU ducks 1

This is just across from Bruce Hall, on the way to the university's Union Court. These ducks are quite common, and they are adorable with their ducklings. My friend thought I was going bonkers when I said that I've even spotted a duck on a tree. Really, I did.

ANU ducks 2

Ducks on the lawn, where students sometimes sit around and chat, especially in late spring, during summer and early autumn when the weather is warmer in general.

ANU avenue

The paths to and from the Union Court. Lined by trees. It's unfortunate that no cherry blossoms were in sight when I was there. Oh, and I forgot to take a photo of the willy trees.

ANU Union Court entrance

Entrance to ANU Union Court, where there are cafeterias, a bank, a credit union, a pharmacy, a bookstore, a newsagent, a bicyle shop (where I spotted the one and only cute student on that day) etc.

American Election at ANU

Couldn't escape from the US presidential election. If these are unlimited, sounds like a good deal!

ANU University Union

It was where the cutie cycled away before I could get a good look (and perhaps take a photo). Sigh. Oh well ;-)

Manning Clark Centre

This was where I attended lectures that catered to large number of students. Inside there are also boards for people to advertise. I think I did get a secondhand textbook via an advertisement here. Books were so expensive. They have strict copyright protections here too and so photocopying the entire book is out of the question.

Copland Building

Copland building. It was where most of my statistics and actuarial subjects were taught. There are also many computer labs here. In fact, there are computer labs all over the campus.

That concludes my trip down memory lane. Don't worry, there's no Part 5 :-)

Comments

Medie007 said…
:) reminiscing the good ol' memory. :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
ah-bong,
And rusty ones too! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant