Change to what and where?

Big boss chatted with me when handing me letter on salary increment and bonus. She outlined where she's planning to steer the Singapore operation to. Agreed with some stuff she said but disagreed on some key points.

In fact, quite shocked when she reaffirmed the decision to harmonise the study leaves across regions. When I raised the concern the effect this has on attracting and retaining staff in Singapore (since it is severely below industry practice here), she said that the competition is not within Singapore but with China (or did she say "world"?) and that people will join the company because of how good the company is (rather than the study leaves). This is laughable. She might as well say that salary doesn't matter then.

The last straw is that my nice boss is retiring at the end of the year. Hence, I am looking elsewhere and contemplating working freelance. Haven't heard of anyone working freelance in my profession and so have to do my sums and come up with a strategy. Meanwhile, I've started asking around for opening in selected companies but so far nothing.

Haiz, so troublesome.

Comments

William said…
Troublesome is an interesting word to use in this situation.
MrBunnyBan said…
Hmmm. Not very respectful of the employees. Quickly find somewhere else to go!
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Troublesome to look for other job mah.

Ban,
I'm looking lah. Formulating something else too.
Anonymous said…
I must say few people I know like their jobs AND get good pay too. The interior designers at my business like their jobs but their pay is tied to commissions which are not too rosy in this lousy economy. You know what, I do envy those popular singers. What better gift, sing, and make big bucks at it. Yet, so often you hear them taking drugs, alcohol, etc. That can't be happiness.
Jaded Jeremy said…
AI ;-),
Agree with the part about singers.

Still, we should strive for the ideal case to get the best deal.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant