Eventful weekend

Ban was down here for the weekend. His brother advised him that trading account in Singapore, for the purpose of trading shares listed in overseas stock exchanges, is better than that in Malaysia for reasons that isn't entirely clear to me...nor to Ban but hey, his brother knows this stuff.

Saturday
He arrived here on a bright early Saturday morning at about 7.20am. It's the usual time I wake up for work hehe but well, it was ok since I had planned to wake up for tennis even earlier than that. I didn't go for tennis since I decided to get Ban at the airport. Not exactly a good idea to have a bunny hopping too long at the airport ;-)

We had breakfast at Parkway Parade and then headed to POEMS to open account. Unfortunately, they needed quite a big sum for deposit and wouldn't accept Ban's suggestion of completing the application and then send the cheque later because it has to be done in person. Bummer.

Had lunch at Aston but this time at the branch at East Coast Road. Ban agreed it's delicious and cheap but unfortunately, but not unexpectedly though, his food was slow to arrive.

Headed back to Parkway Parade to get swimming trunk and goggles for Ban. After browsing a few stores, finally bought them from World of Spots with the assistance of a helpful salesman.

Went back to my place and we both napped. I was really about to conk off lol. Just not enough sleep the night before. Swam a little while after that before visiting Llyod's workplace, which is an art gallery, where we met up with Lloyd and Nick.

Had dinner at Vincent's. I don't think that's the restaurant's proper name but that's what Lloyd and Nick call it. Had herbal chicken, some green vegetables, har kau, soup and white tea. Nice place to have decent conversation. We bought some dessert at Bedok's hawker centre and headed to my place for a round of Citadel! Ban won with more than 30 points while the rest of us had over 20 points each, with me in last place. I was 'assasinated' at least 3 times. Bah. But it was great fun :-)

Ended the night with Heroes of Might and Magic 5! Seems like Ban's good at playing this game and I'm looking forward to finish the scenario next time. We both are ganging up on the computer players hehe.

Sunday
Woke up late morning. I ironed clothings while waited for Ban to wake up. Didn't have much time to continue HoMM5. Exercised a bit before heading out. I couldn't see Ban off at the airport because I was going to watch Harry Porter: The Half-Blood Prince with 7 other friends and I was having the tickets.

I was in time for the movie, which I thought was so-so only although some of us thought it's better than The Order of the Phoenix. I prefer the latter for more action though.

Had dinner at Plaza Singapura's Kopitiam, followed by coffee at TCC. I just drank water as I wasn't too keen on coffee or desert at that time. The company that matters :-)

I was really bushed that night. Slept rather well and contented :-)

Comments

William said…
POEMS? Cutenya.

He never bothers to remember shop names!
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Philip's On-line Electronic Mart System. Got lah, he did remember it's Philip Securities, which owns POEMS...or something like that hehe.
MrBunnyBan said…
Hope to come down again. Still high from my Citadel victory and other things. :D
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
And finish HoMM5!

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant