Precedent

Recently, I visited my regular doctor in the morning to get more supply of omeprazole. I had planned to go in office after that.

While in the bus, I realised that my blocked nose was still there from the day before and so I thought I might as well seek his consultation.

Me: I have blocked nose
Doc: Since when?
Me: Since yesterday.
Doc: Anything else?
Me: Nothing else.
Doc: Fever? Sore throat?
Me: No fever but got slight sore throat

He checked eyes, listened to chest etc and while taking my temperature...

Doc: You can work today?
Me: *Nodded yes*
Doc: You sure?
Me: *Nodded a bit more vigorously*
Doc: You better rest lah.
Me: *Blinked and then shrugged*
Doc: Better rest at home and not spread around.
Me: *Nodded ok*
Doc: Anyway, your office will probably kick you out.
Me: *Silently laughed inside*

First time in my life a doctor insisted I take MC. Can't blame him in current environment of pandamic H1N1. In fact, there was news about how someone was sent off by his GP but later discovered to be infected by that virus.

Comments

Medie007 said…
sickness spreading around in the hostel too.

last i heard, one case of bronchilitis.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Medie007,
Best protection is to keep yourself healthy :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant