Luck

The monthly actuarial magazine I receive from the institute has a section on a survey conducted a month ago, Any member can ask for a survey to be done. It gives members "an opportunity to express their opinions on a mixture of serious and not-so-serious issues".

While I usually enjoy reading the results and opinion, it is more enjoyable to read the comments by the participants that are published. Examples:

Question:
Imagine you are waiting to be served in a bank. Suddenly, an armed robber enters the bank, fires a shot and the bullet hits you in the arm. How would you describe this event?


Choice of response:
Lucky
Unlucky
An unfortunate random occurrence that has nothing to do with luck


Comments:
"Typical bank - not enough tellers. If they were properly staffed, I would have been out of there before the robber arrived."
"I'd describe it as 'chk chk boom - ouch' to the press of course."
"Any time I have to be served at a bank, I feel unlucky. Thank goodness for internet banking and ATMs."

Question:
What other superstitious activities do you carry out (if any)?

Response:
"I only ever sacrifice maidens on the night of a full moon."
"I try not to tell people that I am an actuary, as it seems to bring me bad luck with women."

Hahaha.

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
What a funny column! We should submit our own interesting surveys...
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Send them to me :)
savante said…
Actuary being bad luck with women? But why!
Jaded Jeremy said…
savante,
Because of the stereotypical view that actuary is boring? *shrug*
William said…
How about luck with men?
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Don't know...what do you think? ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant