You again!


Flixonase Nasal 60Sprays 50mcg-01

It's been about one-and-a-half years since I last needed to use the steroidal nasal spray Flixonase. However, circumstances have forced me to use it again. Here's how it happened:

Early this week, I could feel I was having post-nasal drip and that was confirmed that night when I couldn't really sleep due to cough and the need to regularly expunge phlegm that was accumulated in my mouth. So as usual, I tried to take decongestion/antihistamine (Clarinase/Fedac/Became) and perform sinus rinse. Later, on the advice of a pharmacist, I also took Mucosolvan to help to think the mucus and Rhinathiol to suppress the cough at night so that I can sleep better.

The result? Well, the good news is that the cough has subsided and I could sleep better. The bad news is that the rhinitis has worsen to the point that decongestion/antihistamine couldn't relieve the resultant headace. After taking paracetamol over a few days to temporarily relieve the headache, I decided I had to now get back on Flixonase for a while. Not unusual as doctors in Singapore had warned me before that I may need to use it from time to time.

On Saturday, my cough has gotten worse i.e. became uncontrollable. I also had lesser sleep the night before. Hence, I consulted a doctor. He is...patronising :) Lecturing me left and right. Anyway, his prescription of cetrizine and Allersin is similar to decongestion/antihistamine I've been taking while his Mucoclear is the same as Mucosolvan. The cough syrup, Duro-Tuss, may be different from that I took. Dextromethorphan is clearly the only new addition, which is supposedly to help with the cough.

Now the phlegm accumulation is not much a problem but cough has worsen and drier. I also had slight fever last night :(

It's going to be the second week. I hope I'll get well soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant