The Intelligent Investor

Remember the reading list from 2011? I finally finished reading "The Intelligent Investor"!

Intelligent Investor

Benjamin Graham is considered the guru of value investing. He was Warren Buffett's mentor. It's amazing that his method of share investing has stood the test of time and still relevant today, despite the phletora of investment techniques that has sprouted over the past century. To quote Buffett:

Follow Graham and you will profit from folly rather than participate in it.
I certainly hope to learn and apply the principle and method outlined here. I have jotted down 18 quantitative measurements that I plan to apply to the existing shares I've invested in (it's going to take a while!) but equally important I have to also take into account the qualitative information of the companies, which is difficult because one would expect most annual reports, the main and obvious souce of such information, are skewed to presenting rosy-tinted view of the business. As such, I also rely on proper analysis done by other people and judge for myself the credibility of such analysis. Hopefully eventually I will be able to make proper judgement rather than cursory ones.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant