A deal almost gone wrong

I have become accustomed to getting my car washed (and occasionally vacuumed) at the car wash place at Armanee Condominium, where my sister stays. It's a little more expensive than at petrol station i.e. RM6 for wash and RM10 for both wash and vacuum but it's convenient for the residents and visitors there. Also, they do their job quite well.

I recently sent my car there for wash. The first thing I said was "cuci saje, tak mau vacuum" and the guy said something about "dalam" that I couldn't understand but I made it clear that "luar sahaja" needed.

Later, when I collected the car, I was shocked that he vacuumed the car as well. I protested and also pointed out that I had RM8 with me at that time but to no avail because even his boss (I presumed he was the boss) just told me to pay the balance RM2 next time.

I went away unhappy. In my opinion, it was stupid of them to argue with me over a mere RM4 when there was clearly a  misunderstanding. A better response would be for them to apologise and either (a) totally forgo the RM4 difference as a apologetic gesture, or (b) to ask for a compromise of, say, RM2 more since vacuum was already done anyway i.e. RM8 for wash and vacuum. I decided at that time to just pay the balance and never to use their services again.

However, when I was back there shortly to pay the balance RM2, the boss had a change of heart. He forwent the balance and (sort of) apologised to me, saying that his worker was a little confused. I was mollified and thanked him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant