DnD 4e: Human Warlock Part 2

(continue from Part 1)

Power
All warlocks, regardless of choice of pact, will need to choose either Eldritch Blast (also can be used as basic range attack) or Eldritch Strike (also can be used as basic melee attack) and decide whether it should be Con or Cha based.

Initially a friend frightened me about the prospect of my warlock of being surrounded by 2 or 3 enemies and so I picked Eldritch Strike for the sliding effect. However, the very same friend later persuaded me to pick Eldritch Blast (which does more damage) because that friend would be playing a shaman that could give free basic attack to his ally. As for being crowded? Well, I have to make sure I don't get into such situation!

Since I chose Infernal Pact, Hellish Rebuke was automatically picked for me. Great At-will power.

As a human, I got to choose an additional At-will power. Initially I chose Dire Radiance which caused additional damage the first time the target moves closer to me on its next turn. I thought it was great as it would deter enemy from coming closer to me. Later, however, I thought otherwise. Its attack is vs Fortitude and melee creatures tend to have high Fortitude defense. Range creatures tend to have lower Fortitude defense but why would they want to move closer to me? Secondly, as the guide pointed out, once the melee creatures are next to my melee allies, they tend not to move again until either party is dead.

For the reasons I've outlined in Part 1, in the end I chose Eyes of the Vestige.

As for Encounter power, I was interested in Vampiric Embrace for its THP effect but it overlapped with the Pact Boon's effect and it also has range of 5 only (compared to 10 for other power). For a time, I was using Chain of Levistus where it causes additional damage if the creature moves at all but it is vs Fortitude (refer to Dire Radiance above). Finally, I chose Diabolic Grasp which is a great power to pull enemies closer to my melee allies, especially range enemies.

As for Daily power, I chose Flames of Phlegethos. Great damage plus ongoing fire damage!

Feat
Human gets an extra feat i.e. total of 2. After scouring all over the guide and websites and also suggestions from friends, I chose Rod Expertise, which gives +1 attack bonus and shield bonus of +1 to AC and Reflex. The second feat chosen was Hidden Sniper, which grants me combat advantage against any enemy I have partial concealment against. I can gain partial concealment if I move at least 3 squares, due to the Warlock's class feature Shadow Walk :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant