GM-ing

After flirting with the idea for months, I've decided to try my hand at hosting a pen & paper game. I could have chosen either Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition ("4e") or Ironclaw but I've chosen the former because generally it's an easier game to host and play.

The final impetus that clinched this decision was Ban. He has been planning to play a druid charater (who can turn into a bunny and summon a swarm of bunnies hahaha) during the next campaign to be hosted by our current GM. However, from the latest session of our current campaign, Ban was fed up with the GM's skill. The basic problem was that we, the players, were stucked at a particular place for a long time. We did this and that and yet yielded no result. Yet, for a long time, the GM didn't give any hint or make things happen so that we could move along. So Ban decided not to join the next campaign and I decided to host one so that he could play his druid.
I'm nervous and anxious because hosting a game is new to me and also that I'm rather bad at describing stuff and I'm not very imaginative. Furthermore, I'm a rule lawyer freak hahaha.

Hence, I've decided to keep it small and asked only Ban, his brother and a friend to join my short campaign. It would be about 4-6 sessions and extended only if everyone is happy with my GM-ing skill thus far. Also, I told them that it would be a whimsical and zany campaign...to make things easier for me hehehe.

I really hope it'll go well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant