GM-ing: 2nd & 3rd

Following my first GM-ing session, I had 2 more sessions to date.

The 2nd session was the first time Ban's brother joined the game. Also, I didn't play my cleric then, as planned after the last GM, to see the difference.

It went quite well, imho. Ban's brother tried to do a few 'clever' things but the situation didn't give him much opening to do so (and I suspect he might have toned it down too) and so it didn't get really far. The important thing was that I didn't try to stop him from wanting to do so. I particularly liked the druid part (I made up his dialogue sort of on the spot) and the the beginning of the skeleton part. The combat part, however, was a little easy because I rolled badly for the monsters for their first 2 rounds or so.

Fortunately, the players had no negative feedback and Ban's brother enjoyed the session, especially the druid part. I'm glad I managed to inject some zany moments :) Also, I also learned a few new stuff.

The 3rd session went quite well too, with some crazy "huh?" moments. This time, I introduced my revamped cleric midgame as I think with this adjustment as well as loosening the strategy I had for my cleric helped me to be able to play my cleric effectively during combat

I was particularly pleased that the players solved an encounter the non-combat way and that I prepared for that option beforehand. We ran over time a little bit and so only had time for one combat. Again, I rolled badly for the monsters for about 2 or 3 rounds. What was going on with that??

Sometime at the beginning of the combat, I had to rein in a little bit on Ban's brother discussing about rules on various combat actions (he read up a lot on rules since the last session!) so that the combat could go on smoother. I suggested to him that perhaps we could discuss about those later after the game, which I'm always sincerely willing to do so as I'm keen on learning. I believed it did go smoother later.

Feedback was generally good and no negative ones. Only one small complain was that the combat was a little easy. I couldn't help that simply because that was due mainly to bad rolls. In fact, the encounter was designed to be a little harder than the 'standard' encounter for the party. Only improvement was maybe the layout of the dungeon could be a little more accomodating to the monsters (imagine players pleading to help the monsters hehehe).

Once again, I learned a few new stuff, which is great.

I'll be concluding my part as GM in 2 more sessions (i.e. the 5th session) before handing over the position to a friend so that I have a chance to fully be a player.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant