DnD 4e: Human Warlock Part 3

(continue from Part 2)

These were what I chose as I leveled up my warlock to level 4:

Level 2
I chose the feat Improved Initiative (+4 initiative bonus). I was puzzled as to why this feat was highly recommended by the guide. Ban reasoned that perhaps it's good for a striker to move and cause damage as early as possible.

Although there are a myriad of feats to choose from but very few of them stood out at that time. Hence, I'll just keep this feat until I find better ones.

Level 3
Initially I chose the Encounter power Fiery Bolt for its damage (primary damage of 3d6 + Con modifier fire damage and splash damage of 1d6 + Con modifier fire damage). That's the primary role of a striker: dishing out high damage.

Later I changed my mind, after I conducted a mock battle. To utilise the splash damage, I would need at least 2 enemies (preferably more of course) adjacent to each other but when would they do that? Likely only when they try to surround one of my allies but then I wouldn't want to use that power because of the damage to my ally.

I finally chose Fortune Binding, which subsequently proved to be a boon for me. Besides dishing out damage, it also lets me end an effect on me that a save can end, and the target gains that effect until end of my next turn. Very nifty.

Level 4
I chose to increase my Constitution and Dexterity ability score. The former is self-evident while the latter would enable me to choose the Dual Implement Spellcaster once its score is 13.

I also chose the feat Improved Defenses which gives +1 bonus defense to Fortitude, Reflex and Will. I would have chosen this earlier at level 2 if I had come across it earlier.

Final statistics
So at level 4, my human warlock has the following stats:

AC 17 (with leather armor), Fortitude 19, Reflex 18, Will 15
Str 10, Con 21, Dex 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 10
Max HP 48
Surge value 12, Surges/Day 11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant