Johnny Rockets @The Curve

Johnny Rockets is an American restaurant that serves chiefly burgers. Back in October 2013, they opened the first branch in Malaysia at The Curve.

While Ban and I looked at the menu, we were a little disturbed by the sudden increase in the volume of music. I was thinking that we may need to order and eat quickly until we realised the reason (for the loud music) was for this:



Oh yes, they were performing a dance to the customers outside. Catchy song :) I was amused though I don't think Ban was. He would probably prefer it to be a little quieter...right?

We ordered the following:

Johnny Rockets 1

The hot dog meat was good but unfortunately there was too much sauce. Thank goodness the fries were unsalted.

Johnny Rockets 2

Ban had this...whatever this was lol. Sorry, it was a while back and evidently I was busy eating instead of taking notes :) He wasn't impressed with it. It was normal and certainly was not worth the price.

Johnny Rockets 3

Similarly for this chocolate milkshake. It was normal and so way too expensive (RM16.90). Oh but I have to mention one thing that is unique here: you know how when you order shakes or ice-blended drinks, they will throw away excess liquid once they filled your glass? Not here. They gave me a metal container, presumably the same one they used to make the milkshake, that contained the excess. That was a pleasant surprise.

Johnny Rockets 4

Cute, right? The serving waiter did this for us. I would have stopped him if I had known what he was about to do. Ban and I don't take tomato sauce.

Midway through our lunch, they performed again but this time inside the restaurant:



Overall, the ambience was good. I like their decorations, tables and chairs and the colour combination. The service was quite commendable but don't expect fast-food kind of fast service. This is definitely not a fast-food joint. Unfortunately, although the food and drinks are pretty good, it is pricey for what you get.

Comments

William said…
So its like eating in an episode of Glee?
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Hahaha well the restaurant staff are the glee cast then.
MrBunnyBan said…
certainly not for me. Just want basic service

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant