Curry Mee @ Family Mixed Rice

Ban and I usually have chap fan for lunch at Family Mixed Rice Restaurant everyday except for Sunday (close on Sunday). Quite spacious, friendly lady boss, generally cheaper than and, most definitely, cleaner than the next door Restoran Tropikiri.

Since its previous owners, there has always been a noodle stall there. Then the current boss got someone to operate another stall, selling delicious steamed chicken rice. Unfortunately, he moved away. The stall was empty for quite a long time until she got one of her assistants to sell curry mee.

I don't know who is the mastermind behind the recipe: it's delicious!

Family Mixed Rice Restaurant curry mee

It has a good variety of ingredients: chicken, tau hu pok, brinjal, long bean and beansprout. I had to add about a third to half of the given sambal paste to get the right spiciness and taste suitable for me. Oh, the lady boss said that if I didn't like the meat offered (curry chicken this time; second time was sliced chicken meat), I could choose any other meat from the chap fan dish selection. Not sure whether this offer is valid for all customers or just regular ones like me.

It's RM6, which could be a little expensive than other noodle, I'm not sure. Does curry mee command premium of, say, RM0.50? In any case, it's worth it.

Comments

William said…
Aiks, closed on Sunday!
Anonymous said…
Sounds and looks delicious. I want some. SR
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Ummm yes lol.

SR,
Come, come.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant