Books 2019 & 2020 1H

Ever since I got mobile data for my phone, I seldom read the book that I had with me when I brought my parents to hospitals for their appointments. I usually read news and snoozed.

During the last few months of my dad's life where he slept most of time, I read books whenever I sat by his side. Naturally that habit vanished when he passed away but I should still try to read.

Mind you, I do read lots of news articles, actuarial discourse and writings of various topics but reading a complete book is still different, isn't it?

Here is a list of books I've completed reading recently:

2019

The Salmon of Doubt - Douglas Adams

Consist of many 'ramblings' and short stories. His style of writing is such that I needed to force myself to read an entire story before I could say I enjoyed reading it. So not a good idea to read this if you know you will be interrupted multiple times.

2020

Value Investing In Asia - Stanley Lim Peir Shenq & Cheong Mun Hong

Useful and helpful easy-to-read book on investing.

The Kiss Quotient - Helen Hoang

Interesting and fun to read. There are a few steamy scenes but relevant to the story.

The Weight of Our Sky - Hanna Alkaf

I enjoyed reading this but it's scary because it's inspired by a real-life event in Malaysia's past and could repeat any time today. Sad.

Remember Me - Christopher Pike

Murder mystery. Not as intricate as Agatha Christie's but still good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant