Mysterious redness

For the past 6 months or so, I've been having this throat irritation almost all the time. Once a while, it was painful (sorethroat) but mostly it felt....dry? Hard to describe it properly and so I just settle on 'irritation'.

According to my doctor, there was redness on my throat and swelling too if it was painful. If it was just redness, he would typically asked me to gargle with warm salt water and stay away from fried, spicy or oily food. If there was swelling, he would prescribe dexamethasone, and maybe antibiotic if it looked bad.

The medicine elimninated the swelling and but merely reduced the size of the redness. At one point, there were two streaks of redness after a course of antibiotic and dexamethasone. I suggested that perhaps it was due to backdrip but he didn't seems convinced.

Doctor: What's your address
Me: ???
Me: *gave my address*
Doctor: Are you from another planet? *laughs*
Me: *laughs* My mum, sisters and I are from the Twilight Zone

It was at this point his wife, who helped him at the clinic, interjected because she heard me clearing my throat. Yes, I had been doing that a lot at that time, something she used to do until she made herbal oil based on her mum's recipe. She suggested that I tried it. Since the doctor seems to don't mind it, I decided to try it.

The instrution was to insert a drop of the oil in each ear and to line each nostril with it using a cotton bud, and to do this twice a day. Later, I applied to the ear only during the day because it felt a little uncomfortable doing it at night, hours before bedtime. Recently, I stopped inserting it into my ears, just to test my theory. By the way, it smells of sesame oil!

So I've been using this for about 2 weeks and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to significantly reduce phlegm (that provokes the throat clearing response) but interestingly my sinus's intensity seems to have lessened significantly to the point where I didn't need to take loratadine. Fancy that.

Coincidentally, the throat irritation is almost gone too. Like I've told my family, I'm not sure whether it was simply due to my body recovering properly after taking the course of antibiotic or due to the oil or both.

Comments

William said…
6 months? Maybe there was some kind of stubborn back drip going on.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
I think so too.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant