Healthier cereal

Many cereal, especially the popular ones, are actually unhealthy: they have high amount of sugar (17 - 23%) and some of them have a long list of non-plant based ingredients. In fact, for any food, the shorter the list of ingredient, the closer it is resembling its natural (therefore more nutritious) form.

One day, I decided to hunt for cereal for my light supper (eaten together with milk), as a replacement for pineapple tarts / cakes @@, I came across this gem:


(sorry for the poor photo quality)

It has only 6 ingredients, of which 81% of it is the cereal. Only 7.1% of sugar. Downside is that it's significantly more expensive than the normal cornflakes. Still, it was worth it because I only had a little of it for supper and so it lasted for quite sometime.

Later, I couldn't find it (at Jaya Grocer but at a different outlet) but came across another gem:

Only 5 ingredients. 8% sugar. Bonus: locally made! So it's cheaper than Freedom's cornflake but still more expensive than the usual ones.

Alright, I know Weet-Bix is even healthier but it's more expensive and doesn't taste as nice too :P

Comments

William said…
Weet-bix = sawdust.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Haha I was being polite :P

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant