Crusader Kings II: African kingdoms

(continued from here)

Since I now perpetually have high Threat level, I had to be a little picky in who to declare war upon. It must be worth the time, effort and the waiting time, gah.

I started looking at potential kingdoms and found two suitable ones at this moment: Maghreb and Africa. I chose Africa because it was better in terms of being a contiguous land and connected with my realm well too. I then invited a claimaint who had a claim to the kingdom that can be passed to his successor (which I momentarily forgot and so I only invited him immediately after the Queen of Africa left the Defensive Pact), and made him a baron of a barony I held.

As an aside, it was so annoying that periodically some vassals embraced the Orthodoxy religion. Apparently, this was a result of leaving the "Secret Religious Cults" feature switched on. From what I understand from other players, the AIs are quite susceptible to conversion this way and more efficient than players in spreading them. What's maddening is that it's tedious to get rid of it: "Demand Conversion" doesn't work because they are "True Believer". Currently I'm combatting it two ways: (a) using my chaplain to convert them but, as usual, it can take ages, and (b) making sure their heirs are tutored by Catholic guardians.

After giving the lone barony that I held, I was hesitant to give away excess county to claimant of land that I was eyeing. The core counties were those 8 counties that wholly made up my two duchies.

Also, I was 99.9% certain I didn't have any more empty holding and yet, for like the third or fourth time, I checked once again. To my surprise, by chance, I noticed a city that was independent! How the heck did that happen? It was held by a heretic.

Unlike previous campaigns, I didn't suffer negative opinion with my king-bishop and prince archbishop  for "wrong type of government" (feudal vs theocracy), although they had such effect with their vassals. So I thought the same would apply for Prince-Mayor. Oh yes, I waged war on that heretical mayor, got the city and granted the city to a Kingdom of Africa claimant. Wuahahaha.

But the joke's on me: turned out that the "wrong type of government" penalty did apply to his opinion of me. Meh. So my plan was to wait to catch him do something naughty so that I have reason to imprison him, in the hope that he would rebel and I win. Then I'll revoke his kingdom title and grant it to a feudal vassal. However, I got used to it and so let it be. In fact, later I had another Prince-Mayor because, as I found out from others, they provided significant amount of taxes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant