Crusader Kings II: Tale of Crusades

(continued from here)

Crusader Egypt was the result of the second crusade I participated in where I emerged as the top contributor. I chose to have my beneficiary to gain the titular kingdom rather than supporting the pope's choice i.e. King of Egypt who was the winner of the previous crusade. I didn't want to have it for my own either because at that time, I was concentrating on building realm closer to home.

Here, I was bringing it home :) Although the claimant's claim could be inherited by her successor, it would be troublesome to restart the war again if she died (I did this before omg). I had to try to finish this war quickly because she was old. 

It was then I remembered that I could wage war on mulitple fronts: I can declare war as long as no levies have been raised. Goodness, I wish I recalled this much earlier. I could had expanded my realm faster.

I made two mistakes here:
(1) I didn't realise that the claim pressed against the Countess of Lisboa was merely for a barony :(
(2) I had wanted to prepare for the upcoming crusade i.e. bring armies to the targeted realm just before the crusade starts

Fortunately, I finished these wars before the crusade started.

My levies were already late arriving for the crusade as I was hurrying to finish those three wars. To my horror, someone must had used piety to change the target of the crusade and I didn't like the Perm realm: frigidly cold place, that suffered from severe winter. That meant very low supply limit. Logistic nightmare.

I had to work hard to climb the contribution leader. I was at 3rd place, 3% behind the leader, when, once again, the King of Perm suddenly embraced Christianity. Gah.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant