Cholesterol 2021: Part 3

I normally get my lipid profile test done at a Pathlab. I usually get Ban's help to drive me there because it's hard to get carpark spot there. So, when I found out the local pharmacy offered this service, I opted for it (it was significantly cheaper i.e. RM 25 vs RM 45) despite its accuracy at 90% of that done at Pathlab via blood test (this is via blood from finger prick).

Results as compared to 4 months ago:

                                May 2021         Ref range            Sep 2021          Ref. range
Total cholesterol           6.3                  < 5.2                     4.9                 < 5.17
HDL ("good")               2.08                > 1.04                   1.5                 > 1.03
LDL ("bad")                  4.2                 < 2.6                      3.1                 < 2.6
Triglycerides                 0.8                  < 1.7                     0.5                 < 1.69
Total/HDL ratio            3.0                  < 5.0                     
Non-HDL                                                                          3.4                 < 3.36
LDL / HDL                                                                       2.0                  < 2.0
 

I doubt the drop in test accuracy can account for the significant improvement in the results. This initially surprised me because I hadn't been swimming these past 4 months, during this stricter lockdown, and for the past 2 weeks, I could't even do walking exercises due to elevated pain in my right knee. However,

1. I did increase intake of fenofibrate from 3x/week to 4x/week, and

2. the previous test results could be elevated due to eating coffee butter cake for a few days before that test.

I'll continue fenofibrate at 4x/week. Hopefully the knee will be alright soon so that I can resume my walking exercise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant