Crusader Kings 2: Bohemia campaign - Italy & Succession law

So I inherited Italy. After some consideration, I decided that I couldn't keep Italy because it would be hard to defend it. Also, there would be dukes/duchesses who desire the kingdom.
I made Bohemia the primary title because my end goal is to form the Wendish Empire and also I built up considerably the capital county, Praha.

Before I granted Italy to my brother, I changed Bohemia's crown authority to medium but it went back to low after the grant! It wasn't a reset because game told me that I had to wait for 50 years before changing this again. Grrrr.

All along I wanted to go for ultimogeniture as a temporary measure before primogeniture (the latter needs at least high crown authority). However, as usual, due to dissatifaction of vassals in Duchy of Moravia, I granted the duchy to my only son then. If later I get another son and the inheritance law is primogeniture. it would be troublesome. My idea is to always grant that duchy to my heir.

It then struck me that elective monarchy could work because there were technically only 3 electors: 2 vassal dukes, of which one of them was my intended heir, and me, but in this case, I held the other duchy and so in reality there were only 2 electors. Hence I could ensure my son elected as heir.

On another note, I joined the very first crusade called by the Pope. Later, I found out that my son also joined. We did well enough to have our nominated beneficiaries given demense in Kingdom of Aquitaine, awarded an item each and buckets of gold.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant