ASUS Zenfone 8 cleared

About two working days after our last chat, technician told me they tried what I suggested and there was still no error. That's good news.

He also advised me to recharge only when battery got low e.g. 20% because battery life is measured by cycles of recharge and so effectively I was shortening its life by habitually recharging it at 70% (or more). The battery lasts for a long time and more so for me because I don't use it to play games or watch videos.

As to the error I encountered, he and his colleagues concluded that an app that I installed was interfering with the security system of the phone. Mainstream apps shouldn't be the problem. To be thorough, I was supposed to test installed app by repeating the recharging process (from 20% or less) before installing the next app. I had 10 apps to install @@.

Then I had a thought: 8 of those apps I had installed on my old Samsung phone and that didn't cause the error. Is it then likely they're not the culprits? Technician agreed. So my plan then was to test two apps: a SG bank app and Notepad. By the way, I find it shocking that the phone came preinstalled with Netflix, Google TV etc but not a notepad/memo app @@.

Although the technician offered to courier the phone back to me, I volunteered to pick it up myself becauase the next day I had appointment with orthopedic. The last time I drove to hospital Waze went bonkers on my old phone.

So setting up the phone, I installed the bank app and then waited for the battery to drain to 20% but later realised I had to speed up the process because it was taking way too long haha. So I played youtube videos in the background to help with that. After 3 recharges, no error occured for the bank app.

So this further confirmed my suspicion that it was the Notepad app that caused the error previously. That was an odd app: it also functioned as caller ID. Hence I decided to, instead, install Google Keep that my sister recommended. This despite my discovery that there is a list function buried deep within Google, more easily accessed via Google Assistant but still a hassle though.

Good news: no error after 3 recharges. So Google Keep is ok.

Phew! Hopefully no more nasty surprises!

Comments

William said…
Akhirnya!
I have been using Google Keep for years. Good for small notes. There's a limit.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant