Great Eastern Life 3

I was surprised to receive a letter from Great Eastern, addressed to the estate of my dad:


Terminal bonus is the final bonus paid upon termination of the policy due to claim or maturity. In my dad's case, it was paid, together with "interim bonus" upon claim. So my initial best guess was that this additional terminal bonus was determined after the actuary's periodic analysis in determining bonuses, usually done once a year.

However, this came nearly two years after they paid the death claim. So my second guess was that this was an attempt at correcting a mistake in the calculation.

Regardless, they could have kept quiet and no one would have known. Terminal bonus rate isn't known in advance and there doesn't seem to be a requirement to disclose its calculation. So I'm impressed that Great Eastern did this.

This is the third time we had good experience with Great Eastern. We're grateful. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant