ASUS Zenfone 8 sight seeing

Since the good news, it's been bad news since.

After some time of not receiving any news from the seller, I messaged them and they gave me the tracking number. Look at these:

 


*******************************************************************

It was much later that the seller told me that they had been checking up on this daily and even emailed Shopee about this problem. I don't know why they didn't tell me this earlier: I was enquiring every few days and yet there was hardly any initiative from them to update me. Lackadaisical.

Then one day, they asked me to contact Shopee to expedite this. Not sure whether it was due to this or simply a combination of everyone's effort, it was finally delivered the next day. Took them 7 freaking days! Courier, my foot!

Remember how Shopee said that the seller agreed to change the item for me? Turned out it was conditional upon their technicians confirming that the issue I reported was a manufacturing defect. Logical but oh boy, bummer. Stresseful.

A day after they received it, the seller's technician called me and told me that they had drained the battery and recharged to full but couldn't replicate the error. I suggested them to do this: switched on facial recognition, drain battery to 70% and then recharge. Repeat the draining and recharging two more times. Out of these 3 times, there should be at least once the error came up.

They asked me whether I updated the firmware to fix it, which I did but no effect. The reason why it wasn't update when they received it was because I did a factory reset because I didn't want any personal details left on the phone.

So the wait continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant