Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Revoke Aquitaine, 6th Crusade, Post 6th Crusade

When I press a claimant's claim on Kingdom of Aquitaine, I vassalied him beforehand by giving him a city. My hope was that he could make Most Serene Republic of Aquitaine a powerful merchant replublic, since it had quite long coastline, thereby giving me lots of gold.

However, not a single trade post was built and the income I received from him was lower than that received from most, if not all, my direct vassal mayors. One reason could be that powerhouse merchant republics such as Genoa and Pisa were already dominating the Mediterranean Sea. In fact, the latter already had trading posts along the coastline of Aquitaine. Other possible reasons, that other players gave, were lack of technology (Trade Practice) and that the patricians were prioritising building their palaces first.

I chanced upon his vassal, a duke of my dynasty. He probably descended from the previous line of King of Aquitaine. Since my ruler was already old, I didn't mind taking the 5-year penalty from revoking the kingdom's title from the Prince Mayor and granting it to this duke.

 

I was tempted to take the title for myself but I thought my childless sister was a safe bet. That was a mistake that would materialise years later.


Usually there will be some Christian rulers who would be out of defensive pact against a fellow crusader before almost immediately get back in after the Crusader is over. Unfortunately, my favourite target, Germany, was still in one against me, likely because they didn't join the Crusade.

So I ended pressing a newly landed vassal's claim to Kingdom of Serbia and an existing vassal's claim to a Swabian's county.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant