Faulty MAS website

After my visa application was approved, I priotised buying tickets for the return trip as that would be more expensive than that for the domestic flight on the way to Canberra. Fortunately, the cheap(er) flight was still available.

As a recap, that trip is split into two: Canberra to Melbourne flight operated by Qantas and the Melbourne to KL flight operated by MAS. Since both were day flights, the comfortable seat of business class (comfortable for sleeping, which is important for me on night flight) wasn't needed and so I targeted the economy class. 

As usual, Ban preferred seats with extra leg room and that was where the problem started: after selecting such seats, the site informed me there was error in determing the seats's prices. Huh??? The prices were clearly stated before I selected them. The summary page indicated that those seats had been selected but payment was zero @@.

I tried a few things to fix the error: restarted the purchasing process, clear browser cache/history, restart browser, used another browser and restarted laptop. I was getting anxious that this cheap ticket might be gone soon and so I  purchased it without selecting seats first. Later, I went back to get the seats but still the same issue.

I called MAS customer service line, which was fortunately a 24-hour hotline. They told me that someone had already booked those seats (on hindsight, as Ban pointed it out later, that "someone" was me lol) and offered to help me select other seats. As I couldn't remember the layout, I declined it and said I would do it myself.

Back at the seat selection screen, it was true that my first choice seats were taken already. I chose other seats but same error popped up. Arrgghhh.

So I called MAS again. After initial hiccups, I got them to clear my selections and then booked my first choice seats for me. They then got me to pay for the seats on MAS flight. I had to call Qantas separately to pay for those seats. They gave me the wrong number (think it was a toll free number for people in Australia to call Qantas) but luckily I found the correct one and there was a 24-hour hotline too. Phew!

What a nightmare. It took me 3 hours to sort the above, ended at around 9.40pm and I hadn't even done my physio exercises. After I did those, I purchased the MEL-CBR flight, which thankfully didn't present any problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant