Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - France, little Egypt, Aquitaine

The largest acquisition to date: the Kingdom of France. I believed I landed a claimant with a spare barony and pressed his claim when there was change of my ruler (defensive pacts disbanded). The then French king was fighting a major revolt for the same claim. That revolt continued long after I won the war.

As for Egypt, I stupidly pressed my kinswoman's claim to that title, instead of Kingdom of Nubia, both held by the same queen. The entire realm, except two counties, belonged to Nubia, not Egypt :(

 

Yes, the classic case of declaring war upon the person who makes a marriage proposal. When they do that, they temporarily drops out of defensive pact against you, if they're in one.

This time I landed the claimant with a city, thereby making him mayor. I thought that Aquitine long coastline was ideal to be a merchant republic.


During the war, Aquitaine managed to ally with Germany, via marriage, and dragged the latter into war. I had to then raised all my armies but fortunately I captured their king. Nice!

Post-war, I noticed that my indirect vassal Grand Mayor had lost all its trading zones. Seems to have been driven away by Genoa?

To my dismay, my expectaction of the Most Serene Republic of Aquitaine didn't materialise later: they didn't establish trading zones. Boo hoo. Players claimed that most likely the Prince-Mayor didn't have enough gold. Hmmm maybe I should gave him gold regularly that also boost his opinion of me.\


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant