Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - 5 wars, Chernigov, Infidel Denmark

Won all 5 quite handily. Maybe I should have declared war on Ragusa too. I decided not to because its ruler had always hired huge stack of mercenaries and I wasn't sure how the other wars would go.

Unfortunately, I forgot to note down or show which were the other 4 wars @@

 

Every now and then I checked which realm was out of defensive pact against me. At one point, there were two revolts in Chernigov but I had no casus belli to declare war against them. As expected, Chernigov itself was in the Christian Defensive Pact against me.

Later, I noticed that there was only one revolt and the King of Chernigov wasn't in a defensive pact. I surmised that the leader of one of the revolts won their war and thus a new king was installed. I noticed that someone in my court had a claim on the kingdom and that fortunately I had a spare county to be used to vassalise him. Hence, I pressed his claim to the kingdom.

To ensure that the other revolt didn't make any more progress (they were at 30+%), I sent an army to crush them and also to occupy their land and capture land that they had captured from their king.


Upon the death of any vassal, I usually would check out the new vassal, chiefly to try to place a Welsh as a guardian to the heir. I was shocked to discover that the new Queen of Denmark was of the Shia religion. My first direct vassal who was an infidel.

Since I had High Crown Authority (need at least Medium), I could revoke her kingdom title for "free" i.e. didn't annoy vassals in general. Of course it annoyed her greatly and, apparently, it would annoyed slightly (-5 penalty in opinion) any other Shia vassals.

The most obvious choice of who to grant this kingdom to was the Swedish king as most of his realm was next to Denmark. Hopefully he would continue the realm's expansion into Scandinavia.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant