Shin Zushi

Earlier this year, a friend highly recommended Shin Zushi but there was a couple of problems: (1) the outlet that he likes to go is a tad far for Ban and I, and (2) there's waiting time. Apparently there's usually a queue. If you can't get in, they'll take your phone number and call you once seats are available. It's definitely not something Ban is willing to put up with and I myself rarely want to do that. It is, however, popular for its value-for-money sushi, according to the many Google reviews.

Later, I discovered an outlet that's much nearer but that one has another problem: they don't even allow you to reserve seats if you're in the queue. Friend said that that outlet is notorious for long waiting time because the restaurant is really small. We tried queuing once: arrived 10 minutes before they opened for dinner (6pm) and there was already a rather long queue. They couldn't admit everyone and we weren't the lucky ones.

One day, I thought it might be possible to get in soon-ish on a weekday for lunch, by queuing before it opened at 11.30am. I figured there would be less competition because it would be difficult for many working people to start queueing that early. It paid off as we got in!

Once in, I appreciated how small restaurant was:

Behind us, there was only a couple of tables that could accommodate at most 8 customers. That's it!

Hence the necessity of this policy.

We quickly put in our order. Once they arrived, I was confident that we could take our time eating despite the time limite.


I ordered ala carte sushi and I wasn't disappointed. They were good and affordable. Sorry, it's been a while and so I can't remember the details haha. I know that I definitely want to dine there again.

Unique signs for the toilets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant