Tale of two Char Kuay Teow

I was looking at photos in my phone to check what I had planned to blog about when I spotted these two photos (below) side by side. What an interesting coincidence.


This came from a stall at Masih Kopitiam in Butterworth. They used to be at a shoplot, opened only at night (it's a normal coffeeshop during the day). Also, my sister heard that they were originally from Bukit Mertajam or maybe an outlet of that original shop.

The extra duck egg is optional but it's what they are famous for. The taste was slightly heavier than your typical char kuay teow, probably due to the extra soy. Hence, it's not something that I can eat repeatedly within a few days. However, I would highly recommend it as it was delicious!



This was at Serai, Paradigm Mall. I was quite surprised they had Chinese food there since they couldn't use pork (including pork lad) due to its halal certificate. I decided to try it as I was curious at how nice their char kuay teow would be without pork lard. I was firstly surprised at the variety of ingredients they used and how they all made this dish a commendable dish. I would definitely have it again.

Note: I didn't take note of details of the food as I was eating it and since these were taken quite sometime ago, I forgot about them @@

Comments

J said…
Yeay for BM Char Koay Teow!

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant