Dungeon Siege III: Katarina

Katarina is the first character I finishd the game with. I only thought of recordiong when I was fighting the last boss but I messed up and so I have nothing 😔

I chose to play her because it seems many players said she's easy to play and I concur. I based my build on this guide with one notable exception: I didn't use Blackhound Familiar. It takes too long to summon and it doesn't long enough for my liking.

So, here's the built I use:

Abilities: proficiencies

1. Heartseeking Shot: Rapid Fire 5

Main aggressive ability. Rapid Fire proficiency will gain you lots of focus and so it's a priority to get. Use empowered version when you can.

2. Caress of Suffering: mixture of Schadenfreude and Excruciate

Not a priority but I got them for those situations where there's swarm of small minions. Rifle stance is just too slow to counter them.

3. Charm of Eternal Life: Soul Thief 5

Put 1 point first as soon as possible and then slowly fill it up when there are no priority proficiencies. Katarina has only a few proficiencies to prioritise and so there will be left over points.

4. Call of the Hunt: Perfect Shot 4, Crow Feast 1

Main defensive ability. Since you'll be using this a lot, 1 point in Crow Feast helps with survivability.

5. Chosen Prey: Creeping Dread 1 + whatever left over points you want to sink it

Mostly use in boss fights and possibily mini-boss fights and so not in a hurry to sink in more than 1 point.

 

That's all the abilities and proficiencies you need. Really. After maxing the proficiencies of these abilities, I put in some points into Thorned Rose: Entangling Wrath.


Talents

Steady Aim 5 (priority)

Markswoman 5

Rites of Restoration 5

Critical Precision 5

Spiritual Backlash 5

Thrill of the Hunt 5 (priority)

Surprise Attack (last)

 

You generate more focus via Heartseeking Shot: Rapid Fire ability (upon kills) and generate more power via Thrill of the Hunt talent (upon crits). Because Steady Aim talent and Call of the Hunt ability boost Agility, prioritise the stats in this order: Attack, Agility, Will.


The order of which you spend your points depend a lot on your playstyle. Just spend on those that help you the most at that moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant