Citibank: Visa -> Mastercard

Recently, Citibank offered fee waiver if I migrate from Visa to Mastercard. The offer is not valuable to me as I always got fee waiver each year I asked for it. What attracted me though was, based on searches on the internet, Mastercard has better foreign exchange rates. Since I frequently used my Citibank Singapore credit card here in Malaysia, this is good for me.

Among the terms and conditions, this is especially important to me:

" You acknowledge that your Citi Visa Card will terminate upon the activation of your Citi Mastercard or upon 90 days from the date we receive this consent or upon the expiry of your Citi Visa  Card, whichever is earliest. "

This matters because I have some bills that are charged to the credit card, and of course this also means I can continue using the Visa card until the Mastercard arrives and activated.

About 9 days after I consented to the above migration, I received an email from Citibank stating that, among other things, that my card had already arrived but the fact is that it hasn't!

So I contacted Citibank via secure chat within Citi Mobile app. After some checks, I consented to a replacement card for that Mastercard and that the missing card was blocked.

A few days later, I couldn't use my Visa at a couple of merchants and so once again I contacted Citibank. During the chat, I specifically pointed out that none of the 3 conditions (quoted above) was triggered and yet my Visa was terminated/blocked. Why?

Turned out that when I consented to get a replacement card for the missing Mastercard, not only was this card blocked, so was the Visa! I wasn't informed of this 😡 I had considered terminating everything but I realised that this is the first time Citibank messed up and the officer apologised to me a couple of times. Alright then, I forgive them this time.

Comments

William said…
Things are messy at the moment.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
The saga continued! The card was "returned undelivered" and it was the same for the next one too. Arrgghh.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant