Dungeon Siege III

The first time I played this game was years ago with Ban. Fyi in single player mode, you'll quickly get an AI companion (eventually, you get 3 to choose from), while in duo mode, there are only just two players.

At that time, we were having some difficulties with the controls and the camera rotation. What finally broke us was the fight vs a side quest's boss (Palefang). We just couldn't kill that stupidly strong giant white spider. So we gave up, after about 7 hours of gameplay.

Recently, I picked this up again. This time, the game informed me that there is now space to bind keys for strafing left and right. So I rebound a number of keys to be as close as possible with those commonly used in most games these days. This helps a lot!

Secondly, it turns out that Palefang is OP to many players and so the advice is to level up to beyond 8 before facing it. Fyi you can meet it as early as level 5!

I finished one playthrough using Katarina, with Anjali AI and later on switcehd to Reinhart AI. That went quite well, especially the last stage of the game.

I'm now in the midst of a second playthrough using Anjali, with Lucas AI.

I initially based my build on this for Anjali and this for Lucas. 

Here's the video on the fight vs Palefang:

Fight vs Rajani:


However, I later respec-ed Lucas (via fountain in DLC) because, as other players pointed out, AI doesn't automatically use the abilities with most proficiency points sunk in. They seem to be doing whatever the hell they like lol. So I shifted points to Shield Pummel (the only ability he has mastered so far!) and Heroic Strike.

After a very tough fight against a side quest's boss (took me an hour of retrying), I also respec-ed Anjali to have more crowd-control. I used this and this as guides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant