First baked bread

Ban's mum passed to us her old bread maker that no longer can bake but can still be used to make and knead dough. She was kind enough to show us where she usually buys bakery stuff. So, armed with the appropriate ingredient and recipe, I recently attempted to bake a hugh bun.

Why a bun? Well, we don't have a loaf pan and since Ban's mum wasn't sure whether the bread maker still works well or not at making dough, we decided not to buy a pan yet. Instead, I borrowed my mum's baking tray.

The other impediment was Ban's oven. It's the conventional gas oven that has gas mark without the temperature indicator. Without the manual (which he doesn't have), it was hard to tell which gas mark was the correct one to use. Fortunately, I managed to find on website a legend that tells me the mark needed for a particular temperature range. Phew!

The first potential mistake I made was using water that was just boiled. According to a website, it's better to use warm water so that the yeast can be activated earlier and thus result in a rather spongy dough. It was later on that I realised that it should be warm, not hot water! I was worried that the hot water may have killed the little fellas.

Fortunately, it didn't! Phew! The dough rose and rose after kneaded. The bread maker did the kneading. The baking process in the oven went well. Freshly baked bread is delicious! Yum!


First bread

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant