Second baked bread

Following the success of the first attempt, I tried baking a loaf of wholemeal/white bread (ratio of 1:2). This time, I used a loaf pan given by Ban's mum.

The first mistake I made was that the amount of yeast was a tad short of the required measurement. That could have contributed to the lack of rising of the dough. Then again, it could also due to the lukewarm water I used this time (compared to the hot water previously) or the inclusion of wholemeal. *shrug*

I tried a method mentioned in a couple of websites to get the dough to rise more: put the oven to the lowest temperature setting, placed a pan of water at the lowest level of the oven and then placed the pan of dough on the upper level. It didn't rise noticeably.

So I just went ahead to bake it as per normal. Thank goodness it tasted delicious although it didn't rise as much as expected. I ate quite a bit on the spot till I'm stuffed hehe.

Comments

William said…
Baking requires precision. It's like science.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Especially for key ingredient.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant