Second baked bread

Following the success of the first attempt, I tried baking a loaf of wholemeal/white bread (ratio of 1:2). This time, I used a loaf pan given by Ban's mum.

The first mistake I made was that the amount of yeast was a tad short of the required measurement. That could have contributed to the lack of rising of the dough. Then again, it could also due to the lukewarm water I used this time (compared to the hot water previously) or the inclusion of wholemeal. *shrug*

I tried a method mentioned in a couple of websites to get the dough to rise more: put the oven to the lowest temperature setting, placed a pan of water at the lowest level of the oven and then placed the pan of dough on the upper level. It didn't rise noticeably.

So I just went ahead to bake it as per normal. Thank goodness it tasted delicious although it didn't rise as much as expected. I ate quite a bit on the spot till I'm stuffed hehe.

Comments

William said…
Baking requires precision. It's like science.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Especially for key ingredient.

Popular posts from this blog

A year of own blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

20 September 2009 (20092009)