Internal consistency

Sometimes it's difficult to explain to others this concept in the context of statistics and insurance. So, it's a good opportunity for me to blog about this using price of food as an example.

One day, Ban and I were at 6 - 10 Grill & Nasi Lemak restaurant at Aman Suria. I saw the price of the nasi lemak and I pointed to him that the prices were a little strange:

Nasi lemak with
(a) 1 dish - RM8.50
(b) 2 dishes - RM11.50
(c) 3 dishes - RM15.00

To better explain what I meant, I used an example: let's say I wanted to order nasi lemak with 1 dish whereas he wanted the one with 3 dishes. If we were to order (a) and (c), then the total cost is RM23.50. However, if we were to order two servings of (b) and I pass 1 dish to him (so that he has 3 dishes altogether and I have 1 dish), then the total cost is RM23.00.

How did this happen? Note that the cost of increasing by 1 dish is RM3 from (a) to (b) but it's RM3.50 from (b) to (c) and thus causing internal inconsistency.

Comments

William said…
Is the nasi lemak good there?
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
It's good but I think Cinta Ria's one is better. It's been a while.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant