Petrol cost

Ever since I own a car, I've been tracking the cost of petrol as I'm curious to know how efficient its petrol consumption is. I learned this from my father: take note of the mileage of the car right before pumping petrol to full tank. Take note of it again the next time petrol is pumped in to full tank, as well as the cost of the petrol for that pump. Petrol cost rate = Petrol cost / (mileage at the start - mileage at the end).

Here's the result thus far:

Petrol cost 7May12

At the beginning, it was quite high and then it dropped before going back up a little. The drop and the subsequent ameliorated increase was likely due to me starting to drive to-and-fro Seremban. Driving on the highway generally is more petrol efficient (i.e. lower petrol cost rate) than driving within town because of the lack of need to regularly use the brake pedals and also the higher chance of maintaining at a constant speed for longer period of time.

Till now I still believe that the petrol cost rate of 8cents per km is probably an error. I probably made a mistake in recording its mileage at the end, which is also the mileage at the start of the cost rate of 14.1 cents per km.

Based on these statistics, my father and sister conclude that my car is not a petrol guzzler. Yay!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What should be calculated is the car's consumption rate: (Ending mileage - Starting mileage) divided by the liters of petrol purchased = km/liter. Of course, higher km/lt will indicate your car has low petrol consumption-what you want. sr

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant