Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Seeds of disaster, English counties, Ireland

The Tanist, also my vassal duke, surprised me by declaring war on England for a county. He had a huge stack of army too! On hindsight, I think that with the bucketload of money from the successful first Crusade, he upgraded many things within his realm. Although I was pleased about this early onset of my vassals expanding the realm on their own, it was actually one of the two seeds of disaster. More on this later.

I took advantage by pressing a claim on a English county for my other vassal duke. Both wars were won without much problem. However, the Tanist, also my chancellor, was killed while on a mission to fabricate claim. On hindsight, I should have had pushed through to make his son the next Tanist. I was put-off by his stats to want to do that then.

This powerful duke, who had the Ambitious and Envious traits, was a constant threat to me, with army size about 80+% of mine! Grrrr.

 

At this point, I managed to get the entirety of the Duchy of Ulster. Invited a claimant on Cill Dara county to court and granted him the duchy and Oriel county.

I would later successfully pressed his claim on Cill Dara and that was enough for me to be able to create Kingdom of Ireland but I didn't want to because it would be difficult to get the same Tanist for both Ireland and Brythoniaid.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant