Better year ahead!

2011 has been a roller-coaster for me, with the second half being much more challenging than the first half...or maybe just that my memory of the first half is blurry now hehe.

Anyway, some of the notable events/incidents I can remember are:
  • Bought secondhand Myvi and drive around PJ, Seremban and occasionally KL. Driving skill improved...I think.
  • Tutoring my student, who failed his Math exam before, to an A for his UPSR. Was a little stressed when his performance dipped in between
  • Went to OZ with Ban during the cold April/May period. Really shouldn't go anywhere near winter, no matter how low the airfare is
  • Went to OZ again for a record of 1 month in Oct/Nov, chiefly to help my sister. Overall, it was great but admittedly I did miss Ban :)
  • My grandfather passed away in August. Wasn't as emotional for the mourners compared to the death of my grandmother. My guess is that his death had been expected for some time (for more than a year) and so everyone had time to come to terms with his eventual passing
  • Birth of my nephew, the latest cutie-pie of our extended family
  • Read many more books compared to when I was working, which is great!
  • Significant changes to my stock investment portfolio. Been lucky to have a relatively small realised loss that's easily offset by a large amount of dividend received thus far. Stopped accumulating. Priority now is to built up an emergency fund that can last me for a year and at the same time, to read investment book to begin investing properly (rather than relying on superficial research and other people's analysis)
  • My assets are too heavily skewed towards property and so am now selling one of them in Seremban and hopefully there's a buyer soon! Twice, I agonised over whether should sell the one in Singapore and twice I decided not to, after thinking hard about it for a few days. Really hope the rental fee will remain more or less stable during these expected trying years
  • Dengue fever. One week of boring stay at the hospital. Wasn't helped by the fact that the iv drip needle was inserted incorrectly and thus caused pain and swelling to my left hand. They didn't switch to my right hand, despite my parents and I voicing our concern about the pain occuring each time I move my hand
  • Ever since the dengue fever, I just have no mood to do anything, including routine stuff e.g. reading news, investment, books, playing computer games. I suspect I'm still weak from the illness and also due to lack of exercise. I'm forcing myself to at least do the routine stuff and also to meet people. Gradually getting back into the exercise routine
Here's wishing everyone a much better year ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant