Dengue, then malaise

I've been missing in action due to a few days of high fever and subsequent hospitalisation. It was one of the most boring mind numbing things I've ever done.

I just didn't have mood to do anything. It didn't help that that they stick the iv needle right next to my wrist and thus the slightest movement was painful. Even after I complained a few times, I was assured that that I wasn't used to it. A nurse even called me a baby! It was a few days later that another nurse astutely observed that my left hand was swollen and thus quickly got a doctor to shift the needle to the right hand and nowhere next to the wrist either. What a world of difference it made.

Everyday, I was given medication injected directly into my blood stream - once around 8am and another time around 8pm. Thereafter, I would fall asleep. Each day, I just looked forward to the result of my platlet count. Such a dull period.

After exactly a week of being in hospital, I was finally discharged. Thank goodness! I'm beginning to wonder why there are no more people going crazy and jumping down from a hospital building.

However, the malaise continues at home. I have no desire to watch any particular tv, read papers, read books, eat anything, drink anything. Everyday I'm just going through the motion just to live yet another day. So strange lah.

I'm now racking my brain to come up with reasons/excuses for me to get back to KL (to be with Ban) after my mum is discharged, scheduled to be on Tuesday. Any ideas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant