The Windmill Station

On Christmas, I had dinner with my family at The Windmill Station at S2 Seremban. We had a horrible start because there was confusion over the directions my dad received from the restaurant. It took us an hour to go there! Much later on, when it was all over, my brother-in-law confirmed that it was indeed quite easy to get there from Jaya Jusco. For certain, I will want to have him in my car next time we're going there hehe.

Windmill serves Western meals at prices that are generally cheaper than other Western restaurants. For example, Fish n Chip costs only RM9.80 nett (there weren't any sales tax and service charge). For some of the dishes, like those shown below, there is set meal deal for each of them which costs about RM3 more whereby you get a small bowl of soup (it was mushroom soup that night) and a glass of cold drink (from a short list of selection, I believed).


Hot n Spicy Fish
Hot n Spicy Fish


Grilled Chic
Grilled Chicken


Gordon Blue
Gordon Blue


Special mixed
Special Mixed

I had the Hot n Spicy Fish, which was not spicy at all. I'm not sure whether it was a mistake or not. My sister, who had a taste, too concluded it wasn't spicy but merely a little pepperish. In any case, it was oily: there was oil residual clearly underneath the piece of dory fish. The flour crumbled too easily. The taste was so-so only.

We shared a plate of chicken wings and a small basket of onion rings. The former was not too bad but nothing to shout about, whereas the latter, though taste-wise was ok, was obviously oily. Again, I'm not sure whether normally they're supposed to be like that or whether the restaurant was rushing to cook because of the crowd.

I had a taste of Gordon Blue, which was mildly interesting to me and I would try that if I'm there next time. I didn't try anything else but everyone else loved their meals. So I guess you should just avoid the fish :)

Not sure whether there is a Windmill restaurant in PJ/KL but apparently there are 3 of them in Melaka, of which I did sight one at Klebang Kecil/Besar on the left on the way to town.

Comments

William said…
You ordered hot and spicy?!
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Only after the waiter assured me that it's not spicy. Boy, it was not spicy at all!

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant