Insomnia 2

Following on from my previous post, on that day itself (Thursday), I already felt tired just past 8pm. Ban pointed out that this wasn't unusual since I didn't have enough proper sleep.

Instead of sleeping, I decided to stay up so as not to ruin further my sleeping/waking pattern. Also, I decided to do some yoga exercise to sweat it out and to properly stretch and relax my body, in the hope I could sleep better that night.

At 9pm, I did yoga for about half an hour, with about 5 mins of relaxation. Although the latter didn't work as usual (my mind was wandering all over the place!), the yoga exercise was great. I didn't do much upside down poses (where the pelvis is elevated above the heart and not necessarily directly vertically above) as I had blocked nose but I stretched my legs a lot and did a few twisting poses. The great news is that I finally did a difficult pose (sorry, I forgot its name) which I have been trying from time to time. Yay!

I went to bed just past 12am and probably fell asleep within half an hour. This time, fortunately, I had proper sleep for about 6 hours. I suddenly woke up just before 6.30am and just couldn't sleep any more. Similarly, I slept for about 6 hours on Friday night and no more. However on Friday night, it was 6.5 hours. I wish it was enough but it wasn't as I was still tired. Just couldn't sleep any more.

Hopefully my sleeping hours will normalise soon. *cross fingers*

Comments

Elyssa said…
Maybe, just maybe you need to go back to work :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Lyssa,
This happened before while I was working. It was even worse when that happened, as you can imagine because I still had to go to work, deal with multiple clients, deal with boss and colleagues, do a a good job - all the while feeling shitty.

I could do it and I am not abashed to say I'm great at doing all this despite my illnesses. But why would I want to do it although I feel shitty? Moreover, taking the entire quota of MC every bloody year wasn't impressive. In fact, it attracted my HR's dept attention. This then doubled the pressure I put on myself to do a great job.

If anything else, this episode reminds me yet again why I should not go back to the regular type of work.
Anonymous said…
Studies suggested that 6 hours sleep is sufficient for an adult. sr

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant